Being elegant while being and comfortable in your clothes is possible. You can feel free and natural by rejecting sartorial conventions… And do it in style!
This style is the one that looks like it was picked at random from the wardrobe, without really thinking about it; this style that gives the impression that it “came to you like this”, and that you can wear every day, is casual.
If you had to remember the three main keys, this casual style is: comfortable, functional and unpretentious. It is also associated with the “normcore” movement of recent years, that is, the demand for a clothing style that is apparently “very normal”.
The origins of casual style
Difficult to define a precise date of birth for a simplified clothing style, which corresponds above all to a search for comfort and “normality”.
Unlike other fashion trends, the casual look could only appear very late, with the development of different lifestyles.
How to create a casual look?
The key to a successful casual look is actually to always go for simple clothes – the famous basics – and combine them with accessories that are a little more eye-catching, daring or trendy. It’s this blend that gives your look all its flavour and makes you look fresh rather than just… classic.
Here are the essential rules of casual:
- Do not try to express a personality at all costs through clothing. I know who I am and I have nothing to show. So, a choice of basics such as: womens t shirts, plain t-shirts, polo shirts, slightly oversized shirts, V-neck sweaters, parka and jeans. This is the basis of a casual wardrobe.
- In terms of colours, put on neutral, easy to combine: white, grey, blue, black, bottle green or khaki, garnet red, brown… And their variations.
- Very few patterns or prints.
- Materials pleasant to wear and which allow good fluidity of movement. Jeans and wool above all.
- The shoe is all the style. You can wear a sweater and jeans, if you combine them with heels, you immediately go out of the way. Say yes to sneakers (of course), but that’s not all. Mules, slippers, moccasins or military boots also work very well.
Casual fashion clothes and accessories
- Casual tops for an informal look
Fluid camisoles, tank top, cotton bodysuits, plain women’s t-shirts with or without message, round or V neck… The easier it is to wear, the better!
- Casual skirts and dresses
The casual corresponds above all to a look in pants. This does not prevent everyone from creating their own outfit using …
- Flowing, straight skirts with knee or midi length.
- Maxi skirts in jeans or wool.
Plain or fine and minimalist printed cheap formal dresses. Sporty materials and simple cuts.
- Casual style pants
The pants are a bit the basis of the casual style. Jeans or other material, you can play on all cuts, lengths and finishes. Skinny, slim, mom jeans, boyfriend, black or dark blue, faded, with or without cuff… Choose what gives you the greatest comfort.
If you think casual don’t suits you well, look for cheap formal dresses online and order the ideal one keeping your body type in mind!